Useful information

under construction – under construction – under construction – under construction -under construction

How do I apply?

  1. Once a call has been issued, students should approach their department to find out if they are eligible for participation. This means that they have:
    1. Completed all compulsory first and second year courses
    2. Cumulative GPA higher than 80
    3. Good command of the English language
    4. Good interpersonal skills
  2. If the student is found eligible, they will be interviewed by the Department Head and a committee.
  3. The student will then select a university, find out what courses are available. They will then need to get approval from their department and advisors for their selected study plan.
  4. The student will need to set up an interview with the head of the English Studies Unit in order to receive a letter stating their English proficiency level.
  5. The Student must apply to the International Relations Office with their study plan, which should include the following:
    1. Approval of their department
    2. Approval of the ESU
    3. Letter of Intent
    4. CV
    5. Learning Program
  6. The IRO will approach the university and secure acceptance and a stipend for the student.
  7. At this point, the student will need to get started on securing accommodations at their selected university, and their visa.


Each country has their own set of requirements for entry. Please make sure to double-check with your adviser and the hosting institution that you have everything.


  • Wroclaw University of Environmental & Life Sciences, Poland

    Non-EU students are required to have a valid visa issued by the Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Poland. The requirements vary depending on the country, so each applicant has to get relevant information from the website of the Polish Embassy. The invitations (if required) will be sent to the student nominated by the home institution by the Institutional Erasmus Coordinator of our University after approval of the Application Form and Learning Agreement.

  • University of Bergamo, Italy

    All information can be found HERE

  • Politecnico di Torino, Italy

    The Italian law on immigration requires that extra-EU citizens, planning to stay in Italy for more than 3 months, have to apply for the residence permit within 8 working days from their arrival in Italy.

    Additional information can be found here:


  • University of Innsbruck, AustriaUniversity of Leoben, Austria

    Students from EU/EEA member states and Switzerland coming to Austria need a valid passport to enter the country, to study and to work. Please see the information “First steps” if the stay is longer than 4 months.

    Students from other countries staying for a maximum of 6 months need either

    • A travel visa C (Schengen Visa) for entry to and residence in Austria and in all other Schengen countries for a stay of a maximum of 90 days or
    • A residence visa D (Aufenthaltsvisum D) for entry to and residence in Austria for a stay of at least 91 days and a maximum of 6 months

    Visa have to be applied for personally at the competent Austrian representative authority (embassy, consulate-general) in your country before travelling to Austria. It will be issued by this authority. The Visa cannot be renewed in Austria.

    Students staying for more than 6 months need a residence permit for students (Aufenthaltsbewilligung “Studierende”) for entry to and residence in Austria.

    Please see “OeAD – Nationals of Third Countries” for the details and application forms necessary. All documents (except passport) must be submitted in certified German translation. This procedure can take several months as the application will be forwarded to Austria for processing.

    The travel document plus visa must be carried at all times to prove your entitlement to residence in Austria.

    The residence permit for students does not give you the right to work in Austria! This must be applied for separately and is only possible in exceptional cases.

  • Freiberg University of Mining and Technology, Germany
  • Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania

    Cluj County Immigration Service (CCIS) of the General Inspectorate for Immigration (GII)
    Contact details for the Immigration Bureau of the Cluj County and timetable are available on GII’s website

    In order to obtain a registration number the application may be submitted online at this link by following the instructions. The required documents shall then be submitted directly at Cluj County Immigration Service on the date set as a result of the online registration process.
    Submitting applications: Monday to Friday from 10:00- 12:00
    Issuing documents : Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 14:00- 16:30, Wednesday from 14:00- 18:30
    Documents required from the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca:
    *Letter of Acceptance or MENCS Order in copy – available upon request at the International Relations Office.
    *Certificate issued by the International Relations Office, including the following data: citizenship, the financial conditions of the enrollment according to the Letter of Acceptance or MENCS Order, study cycle, year of study, length of studies, and the final academic year of studies.
    *Residence document (original and copy) – in case you are living in the university campus this can be obtained from the dorm administrator.

    IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any change that may occur in your official residence status in Romania must be reported to CCIS and to IRO.


As part of the scholarship, the student will receive funding to pay for lodging and food during their stay. The student can contact the host institution about on campus housing, if there is any, or for options about temporary housing off campus. Information can also be found on the institution websites.

Alternatively, students can seek housing options via social media: Facebook pages of local students looking for roommates, or recommendations for good apartments in the area.

Tuition Fees

All Erasmus+ programs students receive a stipend. Students on other programs will receive a stipend from Braude College.

  • The student pays tuition at Braude College for the semester s/he stays abroad, according to the number of credits to which s/he will be enrolled.
  • The student will receive a scholarship of approximately 850 Euro per month (for living, lodging, food, transportation, etc.) for a period of 4 to 5 months.
    NOTE: In some instances, these funds are paid at the conclusion of the study period instead of before.
  • The student also receives an additional amount that roughly covers the cost of the round trip.
  • Once the student arrives in their host country, s/he should set up a bank account in town. A local contact should be able to assist the students in this endeavor.


The following forms are crucial to completing the process for the Study Abroad Program:


Learning Agreement – There are instructions included within the document

Student Charter

If you have any questions, consult your advisor or Yael Chen, 04-9901971

ייעוץ לימודים

  • Hidden